Need a quick getaway to help you (and your kitchen) stay cool? Why not take a vacation from cooking and have dinner at Teddy Jack’s Hub City Grill?
We have some light and tasty meal options for summer that will please even the pickiest of eaters.
What is a summer without salad? A salad that’s substantial enough to be a complete meal is the perfect antidote to a heat wave. Plus, eating salads is a super-convenient way to work in a couple of servings of vegetables to your diet. Salads are cool, crunchy, and fun to eat – not to mention, they’re good for you too!
- Candied Pecan Strawberry Salad. Fresh strawberries and spinach combined with charbroiled chicken, candied pecans, bleu cheese, and then drizzled with a strawberry vinaigrette. The melding of sweet and savory make for a perfect summer salad.
- Avocado Cobb Salad. On can’t go wrong with the Cobb – an all-American, main dish garden salad. Ours puts a southwestern twist on the classic, using cheddar jack instead of bleu cheese.
Not watching your carbs or gluten intake? How about a wrap or tacos?
Wraps and tacos combine proteins, fats, vegetables, and grains, forming a delicious and nutritious meal. Tortillas contain nutrients including fiber, vitamins and minerals, all of which are essential to a well-balanced diet.
- California Turkey Wrap. Avocados make almost everything better, including this wrap. Turkey breast, bacon, lettuce, and avocados with a jalapeno ranch wrapped in a tomato basil tortilla.
- Very Very Veggie Wrap. Believe it or not, one doesn’t need meat to pack a protein punch. The black bean and corn pico combined with fried avocado, greens, monterrey jack cheese, jalapeno ranch may make you forget this is a meatless dish.
- Tacos Pescado / Cancún Plato. Fresh and flavorful, the combination of seafood and black bean corn pico will leave you wanting this meal year-round. Choose a house salad as a side for extra freshness.
If you’re still looking for a grilled flavor without the heaviness of beef, how about some fish?
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. When grilled, it’s one of the lighter menu items you can choose, especially when paired with steamed veggies.
- Grilled Shrimp. Blackened and straight from the grill, these shrimp skewers are served on a bed of rice pilaf with fresh veggies.
- Cedar Planked Salmon. The cedar gives it the sweet and smokiness that’s a perfect meal for a summer evening.
Finally, pair your meal with a Toppled Rita or a Sangria Swirl, Teddy’s very own berry sangria mixed with a classic margarita.
Do you have a favorite summer dish? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Teddy Jack’s Hub City Grill, located in Lubbock, Texas, is the home of the best Tex-Mex north of the border, a menu that has something for everyone, and more! Visit our site to see our full menu, or our Facebook page to learn more about our events and specials.